We are seeking talented individuals who bring new perspectives and skills to our collaborative, multi-disciplinary teams. Our current opportunities include:
AIMI Center IT Project Manager
The AIMI Center seeks an IT project manager (Project Manager 2 – IT) with deep domain knowledge and experience in health informatics to provide complex project management and technical support to AIMI research projects, programs and initiatives. The PM-IT will bring highly specialized knowledge and expertise to manage multiple projects/programs, interfacing with our research team, our clinical and non-clinical partners, corporate partners, and institutional stakeholders.
Ideal candidates are adept at working with clinical/academic/industry faculty, trainees and collaborators; are experienced at managing a complex portfolio of clinical informatics and/or healthcare IT projects; and are exceptionally organized; highly motivated; savvy in developing and navigating relationships across multiple organizations; and capable of working independently. They have solid business skills, an inquisitive mind, an eye for excellence, and a track record of building effective systems and making sound decisions. They recognize new opportunities and challenges and approach them with a customer orientation and an entrepreneurial approach, thriving in a collaborative, fast-paced, and mission-driven team. Above all, they enjoy making a positive societal impact on human health, engaging with world-renowned faculty, and developing lasting relationships both internally and externally.
AIMI Content Writer/Social Media Consultant
Job Type: Contract/Freelance
Location: 100% remote
We are seeking a talented and passionate Content Writer/Social Media Consultant to join us at The Stanford AIMI (Artificial Intelligence in Medicine and Imaging) Center. The Content Writer/Social Media Consultant will be responsible for creating engaging and informative written and visual content and advising on strategy and diversity for the AIMI Center's website, newsletter, and social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.)
The ideal candidate will have personal interest and experience in health, medicine, and technology as well as strong writing skills and the ability to research and learn about new topics quickly.
- Write engaging content for the AIMI Center's websites, social media profiles and newsletter using professional tone
- Create 4-5 posts per week on social media channels for publication
- Engage in regular check-in meetings with the broader team to discuss updates and new content
- Create or select appealing images and videos to complement text
- Advise on social media strategy and diversity of content
- Follow internal processes and ask for clarification as needed. Remain in constant contact with team members to ensure that tasks are executed as required
- Ensure that tasks are completed accurately, per the assigned requirements
- Maintain department style standards
- Track user engagement
- Background and interest in life sciences, health, medicine, computer sciences, technology
- 1-2 years of experience with producing written and visual content for varied audiences for publication in print, web, or other platforms
- Ability to quickly digest and summarize technical scientific reports and data for specific target audiences in a professional tone
- Firm understanding of web technologies and applications, including social networking, social media tools, Microsoft Office Suite, and current communication trends
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor, able to interact effectively with a diverse array of people, including senior leaders
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills with proven ability to present, write, edit, and organize thoughts in a clear, concise, and well-organized manner
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage and prioritize multiple deadlines
- Strong attention to detail for proof-reading and fact-checking your own work
- Proven experience working under pressure to deliver high quality output in a short span of time
- Ability to research and learn about new topics quickly
- Thorough command of the English language and grammar
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, and use a telephone, writing by hand
- Occasionally reach/work above shoulders, grasp forcefully, and sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds
- Visual and auditory acuity, including color vision required
- A fully functional computer or laptop
- A web camera for meetings, training, and professional development sessions
- Daily and unlimited access to a fast internet connection (minimum of 5 Mbps)
- Work from anywhere you'd like as long as you meet the equipment requirements
- Free training, personal, and professional development opportunities through AIMI Center events
- Flexible schedule
Please send in your resume/cover letter to Michelle Phung (AIMI Program Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org along with some previous writing samples. Candidates may be asked to complete a brief writing assignment.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu and Stanford University Social Media Guidelines, https://ucomm.stanford.edu/policies/social-media-guidelines/
AIMI Industry Affiliate Job Openings
Deep Learning Scientist (Internship) - Subtle Medical - Remote/Menlo Park, CA
Subtle Medical is actively looking for highly motivated Deep Learning Scientists to join their growing team. This role involves building major product features in an iterative and collaborative environment as part of an agile team. Both entry-level and senior candidates are considered. Additional information about this internship, including a list of qualifications can be found here. To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Machine Learning Software Engineer (Internship) - Subtle Medical - Remote/Menlo Park, CA
Subtle Medical is actively looking for highly motivated Machine Learning Software Engineer interns to join their growing team. This role involves building major product features in an iterative and collaborative environment as part of an agile team. Additional information about this internship, including a list of qualifications can be found here. To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nightingale Open Science Software Engineer - The University of Chicago Booth, Hyde Park Campus
Nightingale Open Science, a nonprofit start-up embedded within the University of Chicago Booth’s Center for Artificial Intelligence, is seeking a full-time Elixir web developer. The Nightingale platform, currently in an early private alpha stage, is a hosted environment for computational researchers around in the world. Apply here »
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stanford also welcomes applications from others who would bring additional dimensions to the University’s research, teaching and clinical missions.