Call for Seed Grant Proposals
We are excited to announce a funding opportunity as part of the 2022 Diversity in AI Research for Cancer Molecular Imaging Conference made possible by the generous support by the Stanford Department of Radiology, Stanford Cancer Institute and Stanford Center for Artificial Intelligence and Medical Imaging.
We plan to support two seed grants of $10,000 each for interdisciplinary research projects on Diversity in Artificial Intelligence Research in Cancer Molecular Imaging. Applications require a Stanford PI or Co-PI, at least one Stanford Radiology faculty on the project team, and to foster trans-institutional collaborations, must include at least one Co-Investigator from another institution. The budget will be managed by the Stanford investigator. Seed grand awardees will be invited to present our project at the conference.
Proposals should focus on at least one of the following priority areas, as they relate to AI in Cancer Molecular Imaging:
- Racial Diversity in STEM
- Women in STEM
- Global Health
Proposals are due May 20, 2022 at 11:59pm PT
Proposal Format (1-page, PDF):
- PI, Co-PI (if applicable), Co-Investigators - see above for team requirements
- Background and problem statement; core research idea; research plan; expected outcomes
- Relevance to diversity in STEM (2-3 sentences)
- Requested funding and informal budget sketch ($10,000 max)
- References (not included in 1-page max)